If you like the look of a crafty getaway and would like to come please become a follower and email me. I am hoping to do getaways on a yearly basis. It will be booked up fast so get your name down early.

Saturday 15 October 2011

Dying to diecut

This months challenge over at Marianne's Design Divas is to use your gorgeous diecuts that we all have.
For this month and the future challenges we are going to have 2 sponsors. The brilliant Marianne her self has been so impressed by all your entries and how many people are already following the blog that she is going to be offering a prize direct from her.
This month one lucky winner will get the following little set.....




a second winner will get this huge lot from our wonderful sponsor

Bunny Zoe



The amazing Nikki is giving this lot....





I though I would do some thing a bit different this time round and made a hanging decoration using Norwegian Ice Star LR0124 and Snowflake LR0185. I cut 5 of the large snowflake die in the silver card and then scored them down the middle and attached them all back to back with the ribbon in the middle. I used PVA to stick them together and to hold the ribbon in place and secured it with little clothes pegs till it dried. Then I added on the gems for a bit of extr a sparkle. For the smaller snowflakes I used the Norwegian Ice star die and made 3 of the larger one and 2 of the little one. The larger one I again scored down the middle and stuck with the PVA but the smaller one I just left as it was and stuck them together over the end of the ribbon before adding a couple more gems.



Then because I couldn't resist I also made a card. Here I have used some of the brilliant Marianne D papers and if you have not seen her paper pads you are missing out trust me. This paper is from the paper bloc called Winter World and I have also used it to cut my adorable little buttons from. The buttons I made with Tags and buttons die and I glazed them with glossy accents.
The image is from Joanna Sheen's house mouse range the set called three wise mice. I have coloured them with pro markers and added touches of sparkle with a sakura stardust pen. The ribbon is from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment